A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Getting our feet wet Part II

Beach Mix, Side B

Brain - The Action
I Can’t Explain - David Bowie
Open My Eyes - Nazz
Feel So Fine - El Goodo
Inter-City Kitty - The Monks
Hanging on the Telephone - The Nerves
Boy About Town - The Jam
Phantasies - Stephen Malkmus
Windy Weather - Ian & Sylvia
Sun - The Toms
On and On and On - ABBA

I meant to upload side B before I headed to the beach myself, but that didn't happen... As before, click on the title of this post to listen. If you want to subscribe to the feed for future episodes, click on the "subscribe to the blog" link on the left, and at the top of the RSS page, subscribe via itunes (or whatever software you use to listen to music) under "choose application."

More info on the 33 1/3 podcast will be forthcoming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out some super soulful reggae by Mishka... his album "Above the Bones" has a smooth sound and a really great feel for summer!
You can listen now at: http://www.mishka.com http://www.jklivin.net

Thanks! Just keep livin...

allan said...

When I try to convert this from m4a to mp3, I get an error message:

"Gain control not yet implemented"
"Cannot open input file"

??

Henry said...

I thoroughly enjoyed these mixes.
Thanks,
Hb

John Mark said...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still working out a few kinks. I will probably go with straight MP3 once we get it up on running on the regular so that won't be a problem in the future.

Anonymous said...

The Jam's "Boy About Town" -- YES!!!