A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Crawdaddy interview with Carl Wilson

There is a nice in-depth 3-page interview with Carl Wilson over at the Crawdaddy website.

Crawdaddy!: Were there other artists besides Celine Dion that you considered for this project? Could you have examined, for instance, Kenny G, or is there something unique about her?

Carl Wilson: I considered some other artists—Kenny G is a good example, and I thought about the Eagles, for example, who have the best-selling album ever; while I was working on the book I came to think that the current most-reviled act, the equivalent of Celine's stature earlier in the decade, is probably Nickelback, who are also Canadian and therefore a band that I take somewhat personally. I have to confess that I'm happy I didn't have to spend a lot of time listening to Nickelback.
...which reminds me, the Celine Prediction Contest will be coming up at the end of March 2008. I haven't had a chance to look up the numbers on it, but I feel pretty confident that it won't be #55 as some predicted. Not least because there we haven't yet published 55 books in the series.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought there were 55, no? Vols 1 thru 54, plus the Mag Fields book. Or was one of the numbers missed out?

John Mark said...

Ah, you're right. The Magnetic Fields one gets me every time... 55 it is.

Special Design Diamond Ring said...

I, Ashek E. Alahi, age 45; am a service holder of a private organization is suffering for a Testicle Tumor for a long time. A Tumor developed in my Testicle. Now it is increasing and present weight almost 400 grams and size like a Tennis Ball and I feel difficult in my regular work moreover it may develop Cancer. Doctor advises me to operation the Tumor immediately otherwise Tumor will turn to Cancer.
http://ashekhw.zoomshare.com/
http://ashekhw.blogspot.com/