A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home Recording Contest Update #2

We received over 40 songs for the Understanding Records home recording contest, which have now been distributed to the panel of judges. Honestly I thought we would be lucky to get 10 submissions, so I'm pretty impressed by the number. And I have to say that the songs are really very well done, too! I hope to be able to announce the winners before I leave for a conference next Friday (29th).

The judges have been asked to rank the top 10 songs in order of preference, so that each judge's #1 pick will receive 10 points, #2 pick receives 9 points, and so on down the line. The points totals from all 7 judges will then be tallied and we'll get in touch with the winners and post the songs here on the blog.

In the meantime, check out the AC/DC contest running now, as well as excerpts from upcoming books in the series (Radiohead, Slint, Nine Inch Nails).

2 comments:

SPWS said...

I hope there would be another home recording contest like this. I wanted to join.

dancilhoney said...

When did this happened? Don't worry Michael there's always a nextime. You can join by that time :). pc recording studio