A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Marginalia

A couple of quick things for today.

I haven't had a chance to listen to these yet, but there are a bunch of outtakes from the Stones' Exile on Main St. sessions here. Good to see a mention of Bill Janovitz's book in the comments.

Also, Matt Conroy has a long interview with Joe Pernice in Being There magazine, perhaps the most interesting section being here:

BT: Well, let's talk a little bit about your literary work. You wrote a book in the 33 1/3 series – a novella – inspired by The Smiths' Meat is Murder album. I loved it and I know there had been talk about turning it into a screenplay. Is that happening?

JP: It is definitely happening. The guy who I am writing it with is an actor on The Wire on HBO, so he's pretty busy. And right now I'm supporting a record, but we've been chipping away at a script. We just met this weekend and have been working on it. It is going to happen. We're closing in, dangerously close to finishing it. And then we're going to try to raise the money to make it. I don't really want to try to sell it, because I'm a kind of DIY person. I like the idea of having control. It makes processes more enjoyable when you can kind of run the show.


As long as I get a walk-on part as McManus, the steak-faced jarhead, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can it be Dominic West, Detective McNulty?