A blog about Bloomsbury Academic's 33 1/3 series, our other books about music, and the world of sound in general.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Jim Fusilli reading in NYC, part 2

Last night's reading in B&N Greenwich Village was a great success - a packed crowd, and not enough copies of the book to go around. So thanks to Jim, and thanks to everyone who came along. I really enjoyed Jim's bare-bones versions of "Caroline No" and "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times", and to hear an audience in a Barnes & Noble store singing the harmonies at the end of "God Only Knows" was not something I ever thought I'd witness.

All of which makes me think, we should do more events like this for the series. We've done a few one-off readings, the multi-author event in Portland a few months ago (Matos, Meloy, McGonigal, and Wolk - now there's a firm I wouldn't trust with my money), and John Cavanagh's performance of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn in Glasgow, with Teenage Fanclub. But it would be great to do more. Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received...

1 comment:

M said...

We love you too, David.